Do you have the same posture as a T-Rex?
If you do then read on, because bad posture is something that you CAN fix!!!
90% of the patients we treat with back pain, neck pain and headaches all have bad posture. This is normally related to sitting in a chair all day whilst staring at a screen. However, there are many other factors that can contribute to bad posture.
A good chiropractor or osteopath can identify the cause of your bad posture, then prescribe a simple treatment and rehab programme that is designed to correct your posture permanently.
Here at Pro Performance – Chiropractic and Osteopathy Clinics, we have been treating patients in Notting Hill W8 and The City EC2 for over 15 years. Our friendly Chiropractors and Osteopaths will help you get out of pain and stay out of pain using advanced modern treatments and corrective exercises.
Here is the Pro Performance Clinics guide to correcting bad posture…
- Identify the cause! Our Chiropractors and Osteopaths will perform a full movement assessment on you at your first appointment. This will reveal any tight muscles or joints that are contributing to your problem. It might not always be obvious which areas you need to work on. For example, did you know that most people with bad posture have a tight jaw? It is these hidden problems that need to be treated before starting a rehab programme.
- Treat the cause! The major thing that people get wrong when trying to correct their posture is “forcing” themselves to “stand up straight”. This simply does not work because you have not unlocked the tight muscles and joints that are holding you in a bad position. Restoring normal ranges of motion to these tight areas is the key to long-term success. Our Chiropractors and Osteopaths will explain which areas need treatment and how long it should take to see results. Most people can unlock their posture within just 1-6 treatment sessions.
- Get Strong! Once your tight muscles and joints have been improved using massage, stretching, dry needling and joint manipulation. It is important that you add strength to weak muscles in your core so that every muscle is working equally in your body and your lazy posture doesn’t come back. Your Pro Performance Chiropractor or Osteopath will be providing you with corrective exercises to build up strength in these key areas
- Heal Your Mind! High levels of stress, poor quality sleep and emotional issues all need to be fixed if you want to look and feel amazing. When we are stressed or tired, we hold ourselves in a hunched forward position, it doesn’t matter how strong you are, stress will eventually force you back into your T-rex posture. Our Chiropractors and Osteopaths will teach you how to reverse the effects of stress using specialist breathing and mindfulness techniques.
- MOVE!!! Humans evolved over 2 million years to move every day, hunting and gathering, not sit at a desk! So, the key to maintaining great posture is to move regularly. Even when you are sitting down at the desk, try to change position every 20 minutes, get a standing desk and vary your position throughout the day, raise your monitor height up so you are looking straight ahead, drink lots of water, so that you have to go to the bathroom regularly, workout at lunchtime to break up the day. All these tactics can make a dramatic difference to your spinal health.
Without the right plan, fixing your posture can be a very tricky process, people often spend ages stretching the wrong muscles or foam rolling the wrong joints. However, if you see one of our expert Chiropractors or Osteopaths first, they will guide you through every step of the process.
- Identify the cause of your bad posture.
- Treat the cause of your bad posture.
- Strengthen any weak muscles.
- Heal your stress and emotional tension.
Injured or dealing with pain? We can help you!
Our friendly and experienced Chiropractor (W8 and Ec2) and Osteopaths (W8) are here to help you. We treat all types of musculoskeletal injuries, from headaches and neck pain to ankle sprains.
Book in with one of our injury experts today to get you pain free and active asap.
You can easily book online, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our reception team on 02079711259 for Notting Hill W8 or 02073746181 for The City Ec2M
If you prefer to have a quick chat to one of our clinicians first, then just email email@example.com and we will call you back to discuss your case and how we can help.
Conditions we have helped…
Back Pain – Lumbar slipped/herniated discs, spondylolisthesis, lumbar facet pain & coccyx pain
Neck Pain – Cervical slipped/herniated discs & whiplash
Pelvic Pain – Chronic pelvic pain syndrome, pudendal neuralgia
Thoracic & Rib Pain – Intercostal neuralgia, thoracic joint pain & muscle spasms
Headaches – Migraines, cervicogenic headaches & dizziness
Shoulder Pain – Frozen shoulder, rotator cuff tendonitis, labral tears, & thoracic outlet syndrome
Elbow Pain – Tennis elbow, golfer’s elbow & olecranon bursitis
Wrist Pain – Carpal tunnel syndrome, RSI, wrist tendonitis & sprains
Hip Pain – Psoas/glute/hamstring tendonitis & femoro-acetabular impingement
Knee Pain – Patello-femoral tracking syndrome, knee ligament/meniscus pain & patella tendonitis
Ankle & Foot Pain – Achilles tendonitis, tibialis posterior tendonitis, plantar fasciitis & ligament sprains/tears