Here at Pro Performance City of London EC3V 9BS, we have been successfully treating sciatica for over 15 years.
Our friendly team will help you get out of pain and stay out of pain, using our advanced sciatica treatment and corrective exercises.
How common is sciatica?
Approximately 40% of people suffer with sciatica in their lifetime. So it’s a problem we treat every day in our City of London Clinic EC3V 9BS.
The great news is that most of the patients we see with sciatica will improve using our unique combination of advanced sciatica treatment and corrective exercises.
What causes sciatica?
Sciatica is the medical term for pain in the sciatic nerve. When this nerve gets compressed, it can produce symptoms of pain, numbness or pins and needles in the back of the leg.
Sciatica is most often caused by 2 different conditions.
- Lumbar disc bulge – The roots of the sciatic nerve can get pinched by a slipped disc in the lower spine.
- Lumbar spondylolisthesis – Less commonly, the nerve can become pinched by a slipped vertebrae in the lower back.
Both of these conditions can present with a variety of symptoms. From a mild dull ache in the leg to excruciating pain radiating down to the toes.
Can sciatica be fixed?
Yes! The vast majority of our patients that have sciatica make a full recovery with our unique approach to sciatica treatment and rehab.
It is very important that you see a registered medical professional such as our GCC or GOsC registered clinicians to obtain an accurate diagnosis before starting any sciatica treatment or exercise plan.
How do you treat sciatica in The City of London EC3V 9BS?
Here at Pro Performance EC3V 9BS, we believe in fixing the cause of your sciatica, not just the symptoms!
This means we assess every aspect of your health and give you the simple solutions to fix it.
Here’s what you can expect when you come for your first neck pain appointment.
- You will be asked about your sciatica, lifestyle, exercise, diet, sleep, stress and injury history.
- We perform a full-body functional movement screen. Assessing for any tight joints, weak muscles and dysfunctional movement patterns.
- Often your pain will be related to an issue elsewhere in your body; tight hips, old injuries, poor posture…you name it, we will assess it all!
- We use advanced treatment techniques to fix your sciatica.
- Active release technique (ART), muscle energy technique (MET), deep tissue massage, dry needling/medical acupuncture, Y-strap3 spinal mobilisation, gentle joint manipulation, Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilisation (IASTM), dynamic stretching
- Cutting edge technology such as shockwave, laser and TECAR therapy.
- This is what separates us from other clinics.
- We combine our advanced sciatica treatment with tailored corrective exercises to cure your condition permanently.
- Our corrective exercises are unique to you! We build strength from the ground up, using deep core activation exercises and a global strengthening program.
- We don’t just aim to get you pain-free, we want you to feel stronger than ever!
Are you suffering with sciatica? We can help you today!
Our friendly and experienced sciatica experts City of London EC3V 9BS are here to help you get better and stay better!
Book in with one of our team today to get you pain free and active asap.
You can easily book via:
- Online – properformanceclinics.janeapp.co.uk
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone – City of London EC3V 9BS 02035760389
If you prefer to have a quick chat to one of our clinicians first, then just email email@example.com and we will call you back to discuss your case and how we can help.